How to Convert PDFs to Word Documents for Free with Google Docs
Here's how to do it.
1. Go to docs.google.com. If you don't have a Google account, create one. Log in.
2. Click on the red button at the upper-left that has a picture of a hard drive with an arrow pointing up. Select "Files...."
3. Browse to the pdf you would like to convert and click "Open."
4. Your pdf will be uploaded to Google Docs. Once the upload is finished, it will appear first in your list of Google Docs documents, under the word "TITLE." Select it by clicking the check-box to the left of your pdf's name.
5. Click on the "More" button at the top of the page and select "Make a Google Docs Copy."
6. While the copy is being made, a message will pop up saying "Making a copy in Google Docs format..." When it is finished, a new Google Docs version of your pdf will appear at the top of your documents list. Click on the title to open it up and take a look.
7. To download your document in Microsoft Word format, click on "File" in the upper left, click "Download as," and then "Word."
And you're done!
Image: amy allcock